Friday, October 26, 2012

Karlie Kloss' Ribs are Showing

This is a new one for me.  Photo editors decide model Karlie Kloss is too thin and sick looking.  She has been photoshop to make her ribs and collarbone look slightly less visible.

 (Source 1 , 2)

This editing may have been done in response to negative feedback from another photo shoot with the same model.  Photos from this shoot ended up on pro-anorexia websites.  

(Source)

I would never say pull a model because she's too thin.  For the same reasons I wouldn't say to pull an actress because she's too big.  Remember this ugliness. Don't even get me started.

However, I would like to ask, if a magazine has to take the time to photoshop a model to make her appear less emaciated ...  well then, what the hell are we doing here?  Is this more or less offensive than airbrushing models to make them appear thinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment